The City of Fontana was founded in 1913 by A.B.Miller. Fontana was originally an agricultural town of citrus orchards, vineyards and chicken ranches astride U.S. Route 66 (now known as Foothill Boulevard) and criss-crossed by numerous rail lines. Fontana was radically transformed during World War II.
Henry J. Kaiser’s steel mill in Fontana was the only steel mill west of the Mississippi River. The routing of the San Bernardino Freeway through a section of the town was followed by explosive growth, with the area becoming a prominent industrial suburb of San Bernardino.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.